Save Our Bees - Your Guide To Creating A Bee Friendly Environment is a guide to show you what you can do to save our dwindling bee population. Over 70% of our food crops are pollinated by bees; a species that is dying out at a frightening rate. Scientists have expressed their concern that if something is not done soon to stop these pollinating insects disappearing, we will face serious, irreparable problems with the world's food supply.
Bees are an amazing species of insect; there are over 25,000 different types of bee on the planet, with over 4,000 in the USA and around 250 in the United Kingdom. Honey bees are probably the most important species of bee as it is estimated that 80% of the food eaten has been pollinated by a honey bee! These 'busy bees' work tirelessly to pollinate our food yet they are losing their habitat and their natural environment as our monoculture farming expands.
There is a big movement across the Western world to save the bees and provide them with an environment that supports them. Everyone, no matter whether you live in the middle of a city or the country, can help the bees. This book is a complete guide to everything you can do for the bees from the best flowers to grow for them, to how to support them with our changing weather and much, much more. When you read this book you will understand how this docile, much mis-understood insect is the foundation stone of much of the life on Earth and why it is so important that something is done to help them.
As you read 'Save Our Bees', you will discover:
- Exactly how the bees are so important and why it is vital we help them
- Why bees are generally completely harmless and misunderstood and feared by many people
- The different types of bee, both social and solitary
- How to provide bees with natural sources of food throughout the year
- Why early season flowers are so vital for bees and ones you can grow to provide them with food
- Which plants you must avoid growing as they are toxic to bees
- The truth behind the myth of feeding bees sugar water and how it can threaten their survival
- Why pesticides are so dangerous to bees and some natural, bee safe alternatives to use around your home and garden
- How to reduce your need for chemicals through environmentally friendly companion planting
- What city dwellers can do to help bees and a surprising fact about urban bees that few people know
- Exactly what you need to keep bees at home if you want to become a beekeeper
- Information and resources on creating a bee friendly neighborhood
- This in-depth guide has been written to give you all the information you need to start saving our bees. It is something anyone can do no matter how big or small your garden is, or even if you do not have a garden!
- Bees are an amazing species of insect and you can help them now.
- Working together, we can help the bees and prevent their decline. Once you have read, 'Save Our Bees', you will know exactly what you can do to help the bees no matter where you live. Even now, there is something magical about sitting back on a hot summer's day, watching bees lazily fly from flower to flower. Whether you want to become a beekeeper or just plant a bee friendly garden, there is plenty you can do to help these vital insects survive.