- Photinia 'Red Robin' is a very popular, vigorous evergreen shrub, which boasts glossy, bright red leaves, which give a spectacular display in spring and summer with clusters of small white flowers in spring.
- The leaves gradually change through a mix of oranges, purples and bronzes, maturing to deep dark green and the newest shoots retain a dark red glow all year.
- Red Robin is perfect planted as an ornamental shrub feature or is ideal for creating a dense hedge or as screening thanks to its speedy growth.
- Being evergreen, it brings colour to the garden all year round and its easily manageable so you can plant it up and sit back and enjoy all year long.
- Supplied as an established plant in a 9cm pot ready for planting out.
What Is Supplied
Item 510050 supplied as:
Supplied as an established plant in a 9cm pot ready for planting out. Will grow to approx 2.5m in 10 years.
Specimen plants can be pruned or clipped up to 3 times a year to encourage the new red leaves to develop.
- Also known as the Christmas Berry, photinia 'Red Robin' grows best in fertile, well-drained soil in sun or partial shade.
- A sheltered position is best as the new growth can be scorched by drying wind or late frosts. Regular watering can cut down the risk of scorching.
- Really easy to care for, any pruning is minimal, and is usually just formative. Carried out before mid-summer, it allows new growth to harden off before winter.
Planting / Flowering Calendar
Fully Grown Plant dimensions (approx)